NEW 2019-2020 AGE GUIDELINES
Effective 9/1/19 through 8/31/20
To choose the program your player is eligible to play, find his birth date in the date ranges below.
An US Lacrosse Membership is required for our programs. When registering, our system validates US Lacrosse Memberships. Please make sure your player's name, zip code and date of birth match what you used when signing up for your US Lacrosse Membership.
The Registration "BOYS 12U PROGRAM" is not currently available.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: SUNDAY, MARCH 1, 2020
Our registration deadline is Sunday, March 1, 2020, for our 12U Travel program. Participants in the March 15th Try LAX event wishing to register for the summer season should contact our VP of Boys Programs, Tom Sarbaugh at email@example.com for assistance.
UNIFORM ORDERING DEADLINE: SUNDAY, MARCH 1, 2020
The 12U Uniform Ordering Site can be found at http://edinalacrosse.com/uniforms2020. The cost of uniforms is included in the registration fee; however, we need you to order the size you need. Our uniform provider, Nicklasson Athletic, will have 2 fitting events in February at their facility on Industrial Blvd in Edina:
GENERAL SEASON SCHEDULE – 12U TRAVEL
Our travel teams will start practices the first week of May. Teams generally practice 2 weeknights per week. Some coaches may schedule extra weeknight practices depending on game schedules and coaches’/players’ availability. Each traveling team will play 2 weekend scrimmage games:
League play will start in early June and end as of August 2nd. 12U State Tournament games run July 27th through August 2nd.
12U will have evaluations/tryouts Monday, April 27 & Wednesday, April 29 (5:30-6:45 pm at Pamela Park). There will be 1 A Team and 1 or 2 balanced B Teams – all players will be assigned to a team. Optional preseason clinics will be offered as a tune-up for 12U players during April 6 - 23, more details and registration will be provided later this winter.
For 12U, dedicated goalies are needed! Equipment is provided. A 50% registration discount will be given – please contact Tom Sarbaugh at firstname.lastname@example.org if your player will register as a goalie. ELA goalies will receive additional goalie specific during the season. Teams that do not have a dedicated goalie will need to have players rotate as goalies during games.
All traveling 12U teams will participate in one Twin Cities metro area tournament (cost included in player registration fee). These tournaments will be on either the weekend of June 6-7 or June 12-14. Specific tournament details will be shared later this spring after teams have been rostered.
SEASON TIMELINE OVERVIEW – TRAVEL TEAMS:
1. EVALUATIONS: Monday, 4/27 & Wednesday, 4/29 - 5:30-6:45 pm - Pamela Park
Our league, Youth Lacrosse MN (YLM), requires 1 A Team and balanced B Teams at the Boys 12U Age Level. As a result, ALL 12U PLAYERS must attend evaluations. Every player will be on a team!
- Team assignments will be announced by Sunday, May 3, 2020.
- More details will be sent about tryouts after registration closes.
2. PRACTICES START THE FIRST WEEK OF MAY
Practices will be 2 weeknights per week - 1.25 hours per practice for 12U. Tentative practice schedules for May will be available after registration closes and number of teams and coaches have been determined. June and July practice schedules will be determined late May/early June after the June/July game schedules have been announced by the league.
3. REGULAR SEASON GAME PLAY - JUNE & JULY
Regular season games will occur in June and July. The schedule will be announced late May/early June by the league.
- The first game could be as early as June 1st.
- Expect 1-2 games per week - some in Edina, some in other areas of the Twin Cities. Games are scheduled on weeknight evenings. 12U has 10 regular season games.
- The July 4th holiday falls on a Saturday in 2020, therefore YLM will schedule games through Thursday, July 2, and resume game play Monday, July 6.
- NEW this year: All 12U & 14U teams (A and B levels) will participate in state playoffs on one of two weekends: July 25-26 OR August 1-2. The assigned weekend will be determined in May by YLM based on total league team registrations per age level.
4. PRE-SEASON SCRIMMAGES - MAY
We are planning a couple of scrimmage games in May. Mark your calendars for Saturday, May 9, and Saturday, May 16. Scrimmages will be in Edina one weekend and in Eden Prairie the other weekend. Details will be communicated once finalized.
REGISTRATION FEE AND OTHER IMPORTANT INFO:
*A payment plan is offered at sign up that will allow you to make 3 equal payments at registration and in March & April (NOTE: a 3.15% transaction fee off the full registration amount + $1.50 service fee is added to each payment).
Registration fee includes:
- Full Uniforms - shorts, shooter shirt and jersey for 12U.
- 1 Local Tournament for each team
- Scrimmages with referees
- End-of-season 12U state championship tournaments
- Certified and experienced coaching staff
- EMT at all league games
- Edina Park & Rec per-player fees and field costs
- League fees
GOALIES NEEDED - full-time goalies receive a 50% discount. Please contact Tom Sarbaugh at email@example.com BEFORE registering if your son is interested.
Please review the refund policy below before registering your player.
In addition to the Edina Lacrosse Association registration fee, a US Lacrosse Membership is required and must be valid through AUGUST 2, 2020. When you register, your player's name, address and birth date must match your US Lacrosse Membership; if not, you'll receive an error message.
Full protective equipment is required for the 14U/12U/10U/8U Travel & House programs per US Lacrosse: lacrosse helmet, mouthguard, shoulder/chest pads, elbow pads, gloves, protective cup, cleats, water bottle, lacrosse stick for position. (If needed, goalies can borrow extra goalie equipment - throat guard, chest pad, stick).
FAMILY VOLUNTEER COMMITMENT
Edina Lacrosse Association is a non-profit volunteer run organization. Without family volunteers, we cannot function. Each summer season one adult family member from each family must volunteer at least one time for at least one of the following:
- Team Manager (1 per team). This is a team’s communication liaison between the coach and parents. If you’re good with texts and emails, please note your interest in this position during your registration. Training will be provided.
- Parents interested in assisting coaches are also welcome! If interested, please note on your registration. Training will be provided.
- Behind the scenes tournament help
- Other behind the scenes help or coordination activities
- Scoreboard operator during home games and scrimmages (ALL families, on rotation)
- Game clock operator during home games and scrimmages (ALL families, on rotation)
- Field set-up (ALL families, on rotation)
- Field close-down (ALL families, on rotation)
- “Chill” side-line managers (ALL families, on rotation)
PRACTICE PLAYER OPTION – 14U/12U/10U ONLY:
If your player is new to lacrosse and wants to learn the skills but not participate in competitive game play, being a Practice Player might be an option for him. Please contact Tom Sarbaugh at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested. Registration fee is adjusted for Practice Players.