Age Guidelines as of 9/1/2018:
8U: 9/1/2010 to 8/31/2012
2019 BOYS 8U BOYS LACROSSE PROGRAM OVERVIEW
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 24, 2019
Our registration deadline is Sunday, February 24, 2019 for our 8U Travel programs. (8U House programs can register until April 1, 2019).
UNIFORM ORDERING DEADLINE: SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 24, 2019
We will release the Uniform Ordering site in early February for all programs except the Kindergarten program. The cost of uniforms is included in the registration fee; however, we need you to order the size you need. Our uniform provider, Nicklasson Athletic, will have 2 fitting events in February at their facility on Industrial Blvd in Edina:
SEASON HIGH LEVEL TIMING – 8U TRAVEL
Our travel teams will start practices the week of April 29th. Teams practice 2 weeknights per week. League play will start in early June and end in late July. In May, there will be some weekend scrimmage games planned. Finally, the weekend of June 1st, all 8U Travel teams will participate in the Ice Breaker Tournament in Champlin Park.
SEASON HIGH LEVEL TIMING – 8U HOUSE PROGRAM
The 8U House program will run for 8 weeks, starting the week of June 4, 2019. They will play 2 weeknights per week at Wooddale Park, generally Mondays and Tuesdays, for hour-long sessions. Nothing will be planned for the week of July 4th.
SEASON TIMELINE OVERVIEW – TRAVEL TEAMS:
1. PRACTICES START THE WEEK OF APRIL 29TH
Practices will be 2 weeknights per week - 1 hour per practice for 8U. Tentative practice schedules for May will be available after registration closes and approximate number of teams and coaches have been determined. June and July practice schedules will be determined late May/early June after the June/July game schedules have been announced by the league.
2. REGULAR SEASON GAME PLAY - JUNE & JULY
Regular season games will occur in June and July. The schedule will be announced late May/early June by the league.
- The first game could be as early as June 4th.
- Expect 1-2 games per week - some in Edina, some in other areas of the Twin Cities. Games are scheduled on weeknight evenings. 8U Travel has 6 regular season games.
- Generally, games are limited during the week of July 4th.
- 8U Travel will not have an end of season weekend tournament. ELA will plan some final, fun games at the end of the season, probably the week of July 21st.
3. PRE-SEASON SCRIMMAGES - MAY
We are planning to host a couple of scrimmages during May in Edina. Details are still being firmed up and will be communicated once finalized.
4. TOURNAMENT - ICE BREAKER - WEEKEND OF JUNE 1, 2019
The 8U Travel Teams will participate in the Ice Breaker Tournament the weekend of June 1st in Champlin Park. The 8U Travel Registration Fee covers the cost of this tournament.
SEASON TIMELINE OVERVIEW – 8U HOUSE PROGRAMS:
1. SEASON STARTS THE WEEK OF JUNE 4TH
Sessions will be 2 weeknights per week – 1 hour per session – at Wooddale Park. Generally, these sessions have been on Monday and Tuesday evenings to try and avoid conflicts with Edina Soccer Association for these age levels.
The 8U House format starts the season with practices. Then, after the first couple of weeks, scrimmages among the 8U House teams will be planned on 1 of the 2 nights each week.
2. SEASON ENDS THE WEEK OF JULY 29TH (NO SESSIONS THE WEEK OF JULY 4TH)
REGISTRATION FEE AND OTHER IMPORTANT INFO:
8U Travel: $335*
8U House: $200
*A payment plan is offered for TRAVEL teams at sign up that will allow you to make 3 equal payments at registration and in March & April (NOTE: a 3.15% transaction fee off the full registration amount + $4.50 service fee is added to the first payment).
Registration fee includes:
- Full Uniforms - shorts, shooter shirt and jersey for 8U (both programs). T-shirts and small lacrosse sticks for the Kindergarten program.
- 1 Local Tournament for each team (8U Travel)
- Certified and experienced coaching staff
- Edina Park & Rec per-player fees and field costs
- League fees
Please review the refund policy below before registering your player.
In addition to the Edina Lacrosse Association registration fee, a US Lacrosse Membership is required and must be valid through AUGUST 4th, 2019. When you register, your player's name, address and birth date must match your US Lacrosse Membership; if not, you'll receive an error message.
Full protective equipment is required for the 14U/12U/10U/8U Travel & House programs per US Lacrosse: lacrosse helmet, mouthguard, shoulder/chest pads, elbow pads, gloves, protective cup, cleats, water bottle, lacrosse stick for position. (If needed, goalies can borrow extra goalie equipment - throat guard, chest pad, stick).
FAMILY VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
Teams will need families to volunteer!
- 1 Team Manager per team. If interested, please note on your registration. Training will be provided.
- Game volunteers to do scoreboard/timing
- “Chill” side-line managers
- Parents interested in assisting coaches are also welcome! If interested, please note on your registration. Training will be provided.