REGISTRATION DEADLINE: SUNDAY, MARCH 1, 2020
(MAY 1, 2020 for 8U House Program)
Our registration deadline is Sunday, March 1, 2020, for our 8U Travel programs. (8U House programs can register until May 1, 2019).
Participants in the March 15th Try LAX event wishing to register for the summer season should contact our VP of Boys Programs, Tom Sarbaugh at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
UNIFORM ORDERING DEADLINE - 8U TRAVEL TEAM ONLY: SUNDAY, MARCH 1, 2020 FOR 8U TRAVEL TEAM ONLY; 8U HOUSE PLAYERS DO NOT ORDER UNIFORMS (THEY WILL BE BULK ORDERED)
The 8U Travel Team Uniform Ordering Site can be found at http://edinalacrosse.com/uniforms2020. The cost of uniforms is included in the registration fee; however, we need you to order the size you need. Our uniform provider, Nicklasson Athletic, will have 2 fitting events in February at their facility on Industrial Blvd in Edina:
GENERAL SEASON SCHEDULE
Our travel teams will start practices the first week of May. Teams generally practice 2 weeknights per week. Some coaches may schedule extra weeknight practices depending on game schedules and coaches’/players’ availability. Each traveling team will play 2 weekend scrimmage games:
League play will start in early June and end in late July.
The 8U House program will run for 8 weeks, starting the week of June 1, 2020. Teams will play 2 weeknights per week at Wooddale Park, generally on Mondays and Tuesdays. Sessions are 1 hour long. No activities are planned for the week leading up to July 4th (a Saturday this year).
8U TRAVEL ONLY:
All traveling 8U teams will participate in one Twin Cities metro area tournament (cost included in player registration fee). This tournament will be on the weekend of June 6-7. Specific tournament details will be shared later this spring after teams have been rostered.
SEASON TIMELINE OVERVIEWS
1. PRACTICES START THE FIRST WEEK OF MAY
Practices will be 2 weeknights per week - 1 hour per practice for 8U. Tentative practice schedules for May will be available after registration closes and approximate number of teams and coaches have been determined. June and July practice schedules will be determined late May/early June after the June/July game schedules have been announced by the league.
2. REGULAR SEASON GAME PLAY - JUNE & JULY
Regular season games will occur in June and July. The schedule will be announced late May/early June by the league.
- The first game could be as early as June 1st.
- Expect 1-2 games per week - some in Edina, some in other areas of the Twin Cities. Games are scheduled on weeknight evenings. 8U TRAVEL has 6 regular season games.
- The July 4th holiday falls on a Saturday in 2020, therefore YLM will schedule games through Thursday, July 2, and resume game play Monday, July 6.
3. PRE-SEASON SCRIMMAGES - MAY
We are planning a couple of scrimmage games in May. Mark your calendars for Saturday, May 9, and Saturday, May 16. Scrimmages will be in Edina one weekend and in Eden Prairie the other weekend. Details are still being firmed up and will be communicated once finalized.
1. SEASON STARTS THE WEEK OF JUNE 1st
Sessions will be 2 weeknights per week – 1 hour per session – at Wooddale Park. Generally, these sessions have been on Monday and Tuesday evenings to try and avoid conflicts with Edina Soccer Association for these age levels.
8U House starts the season with practices. After the first couple of weeks, scrimmages among the 8U House teams will be planned on 1 of the 2 nights each week.
2. SEASON ENDS THE WEEK OF JULY 27th (NO SESSIONS THE WEEK PRIOR TO JULY 4TH)
REGISTRATION FEE AND OTHER IMPORTANT INFO:
8U Travel: $325*
8U House: $200
*A payment plan is offered for TRAVEL teams at sign up that will allow you to make 3 equal payments at registration and in March & April (NOTE: a 3.15% transaction fee off the full registration amount + $1.50 service fee is added to each payment).
Registration fee includes:
- Full Uniforms - shorts, shooter shirt and jersey for 8U (both programs).
- 1 Local Tournament for each team (8U TRAVEL only)
- Scrimmages with referees
- Certified and experienced coaching staff
- Edina Park & Rec per-player fees and field costs
- League fees
Please review the refund policy below before registering your player.
In addition to the Edina Lacrosse Association registration fee, a US Lacrosse Membership is required and must be valid through AUGUST 2, 2020. When you register, your player's name, address and birth date must match your US Lacrosse Membership; if not, you'll receive an error message.
Full protective equipment is required for the 14U/12U/10U/8U Travel & House programs per US Lacrosse: lacrosse helmet, mouthguard, shoulder/chest pads, elbow pads, gloves, protective cup, cleats, water bottle, lacrosse stick for position. (If needed, goalies can borrow extra goalie equipment - throat guard, chest pad, stick).
FAMILY VOLUNTEER COMMITMENT
Edina Lacrosse Association is a non-profit volunteer run organization. Without family volunteers, we cannot function. Each summer season one adult family member from each family must volunteer at least one time for at least one of the following:
- Team Manager (1 per team). This is a team’s communication liaison between the coach and parents. If you’re good with texts and emails, please note your interest in this position during your registration. Training will be provided.
- Parents interested in assisting coaches are also welcome! If interested, please note on your registration. Training will be provided.
- Behind the scenes tournament help
- Other behind the scenes help or coordination activities
- Scoreboard operator during home games and scrimmages (ALL families, on rotation)
- Game clock operator during home games and scrimmages (ALL families, on rotation)
- Field set-up (ALL families, on rotation)
- Field close-down (ALL families, on rotation)
- “Chill” side-line managers (ALL families, on rotation)