NEW 2018-2019 AGE GUIDELINES
Effective 9/1/18 through 8/31/19
To choose the program your player is eligible to play, find his birth date in the date ranges below.
An US Lacrosse Membership is required for our programs. When registering, our system validates US Lacrosse Memberships. Please make sure your player's name, zip code and date of birth match what you used when signing up for your US Lacrosse Membership.
NOTE: THE REGISTRATION DEADLINE WAS SUNDAY, 2/24/19. CURRENTLY THE 14U PROGRAM IS FULL & REGISTRATION HAS CLOSED.
Age Guidelines as of 9/1/2018:
14U: 6/1/2004 to 8/31/2006
*6/1 cut-off date is for current 8th grade boys only.
Current 9th grade boys are not allowed to play on a 14U team per league rules.
2019 BOYS 14U BOYS LACROSSE PROGRAM OVERVIEW
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 24, 2019
Our registration deadline is Sunday, February 24, 2019 for our 14U Travel program.
UNIFORM ORDERING DEADLINE: SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 24, 2019
We will release the Uniform Ordering site in early February for all programs except the Kindergarten program. The cost of uniforms is included in the registration fee; however, we need you to order the size you need. Our uniform provider, Nicklasson Athletic, will have 2 fitting events in February at their facility on Industrial Blvd in Edina:
SEASON HIGH LEVEL TIMING – 14U TRAVEL
Our travel teams will start practices the week of April 29th. Teams practice 2 weeknights per week. League play will start in early June and end in late July. 14U State Tournament Games run July 29 through August 4. In May, there will be some weekend scrimmage games planned. Finally, all 14U teams will participate in a June weekend tournament. The 14UA team will also participate in the Madison Capital Classic Lacrosse Tournament the weekend of July 20th.
14U will have evaluations/tryouts on Tuesday, April 23rd and Wednesday, April 24th (times and locations TBA). There will be 1 A Team and a few balanced B Teams assigned – all players will be on a team. We will do preseason clinics for our 14U players prior to tryouts – more details and registration will be provided later this winter.
For 14U, dedicated goalies are needed! Equipment provided. A 50% registration discount will be given – please contact Kelly Rhodes at firstname.lastname@example.org if your player will register as a goalie. ELA will also provide some additional goalie training during the season. Teams that do not have a dedicated goalie will need to have players rotate as goalies during games.
NEW! This year, 14U teams will all participate in a tournament in the Twin Cities. The registration fee includes the cost of the tournament. The 14UB teams will participate in the Ice Breaker Tournament in Champlin Park the weekend of June 1st. The 14UA team will participate in the Shakopee River Rumble the weekend of June 8th.
SEASON TIMELINE OVERVIEW – TRAVEL TEAMS:
1. TRYOUTS: MID TO LATE APRIL (12U & 14U ONLY)
Our league, Youth Lacrosse MN (YLM), requires 1 A Team and balanced B Teams at the Boys 12U & 14U Age Level. As a result, ALL 12U & 14U PLAYERS must attend tryouts. Every player will be on a team!
- Tryout times and locations TBA.
- Team assignments will be announced by Sunday, April 28, 2019.
- More details will be sent about tryouts after registration closes.
2. PRACTICES START THE WEEK OF APRIL 29TH
Practices will be 2 weeknights per week - 1.5 hours per practice for 14U. Tentative practice schedules for May will be available after registration closes and approximate number of teams and coaches have been determined. June and July practice schedules will be determined late May/early June after the June/July game schedules have been announced by the league.
3. REGULAR SEASON GAME PLAY - JUNE & JULY
Regular season games will occur in June and July. The schedule will be announced late May/early June by the league.
- The first game could be as early as June 4th.
- Expect 1-2 games per week - some in Edina, some in other areas of the Twin Cities. Games are scheduled on weeknight evenings. 14U has 10 regular season games.
- Generally, games are limited during the week of July 4th.
- 14UB end of season playoff games (single elimination) will be in the evenings of July 29-August 1. Championships will be the weekend of August 3rd for 14UB teams that qualify.
- 14UA end of season tournament will be the weekend of August 3rd. 14UA teams will definitely play that weekend.
4. PRE-SEASON SCRIMMAGES - MAY
We are planning to host a couple of scrimmages during May in Edina. Details are still being firmed up and will be communicated once finalized.
5. TOURNAMENTS - JUNE
The 14UB Teams will participate in the Ice Breaker Tournament the weekend of June 1st. The 14UA Team will participate in the Shakopee River Rumble the weekend of June 8th.
REGISTRATION FEE AND OTHER IMPORTANT INFO:
*A payment plan is offered at sign up that will allow you to make 3 equal payments at registration and in March & April (NOTE: a 3.15% transaction fee off the full registration amount + $4.50 service fee is added to the first payment).
Registration fee includes:
- Full Uniforms - shorts, shooter shirt and jersey for 14U.
- 1 Local Tournament for each team (14U Travel)
- Certified and experienced coaching staff
- Edina Park & Rec per-player fees and field costs
- League fees
GOALIES NEEDED - full-time goalies receive a 50% discount. Please contact Kelly Rhodes at email@example.com BEFORE registering if your son is interested.
Please review the refund policy below before registering your player.
In addition to the Edina Lacrosse Association registration fee, a US Lacrosse Membership is required and must be valid through AUGUST 4th, 2019. When you register, your player's name, address and birth date must match your US Lacrosse Membership; if not, you'll receive an error message.
Full protective equipment is required for the 14U/12U/10U/8U Travel & House programs per US Lacrosse: lacrosse helmet, mouthguard, shoulder/chest pads, elbow pads, gloves, protective cup, cleats, water bottle, lacrosse stick for position. (If needed, goalies can borrow extra goalie equipment - throat guard, chest pad, stick).
FAMILY VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
Teams will need families to volunteer!
- 1 Team Manager per team. If interested, please note on your registration. Training will be provided.
- Game volunteers to do scoreboard/timing
- “Chill” side-line managers
- Parents interested in assisting coaches are also welcome! If interested, please note on your registration. Training will be provided.
PRACTICE PLAYER OPTION – 14U/12U/10U ONLY:
If your player is new to lacrosse and wants to learn the skills but not participate in competitive game play, being a Practice Player might be an option for him. Please contact Kelly Rhodes at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested. Registration fee is adjusted for Practice Players.